Awarded grants given by the Erasmus Trustfonds are always based on specific conditions which the applicant need to accept before processing any payment related to the awarded grant. The Erasmus Trustfonds only award the specific project and always for a specific period (mostly one year). When your project is fanalised note you have to supply the Erasmus Trustfonds with a final report ( including an approved financial statement) otherwise the last part of the grant ( final payment) might no be payable!
The Erasmus Trustfonds has two different type of grants available each with its own conditions to be accepted by the awarded applicant: the Grant Donations ( grant) and Subsidy Donations ( subsidy).
Types of grants
Erasmus Trustfonds has two type of grants:
- Grant Donations (grant) and
- Subsidy Donations (subsidy) available for EUR projects and for some PhDs and execellent students.
Both types of funding have a positive impact, but they have different objectives. Yearly a specific budget is available for grants and subsidies, as well based on an earmarket budgets (given by donors) are avialable for specific topics (example Erasmus Initiatives, scholarships etc).
Grant Donations (a grant)
- A grant is awarded to co- fund a specific project which matches the mission of the Erasmus Trustfonds and purpose of the applicant ( a student or an organization). Granting is based on specific conditions and the financial statement. A grant is mostly based on the final piece of the missing project funding. Without the Erasmus Trustfonds grant, the project might not be able to start at all.
- A grant is a financial kick off injection for new projects for which other kind of funding is not yet available within your organisation, the EUR or sponsored by other external parties. The Erasmus Trustfonds will aim for the ‘flywheel effect’ and will never grant for a couple of years to the project or a concept.
- A grant is always conditional for example if the awarded project is cancelled the grant will not be paid to the awarded applicant. If you have found additional sponsors for your project, the grant might be reduced or withdrawn. When you have changed the project itself the Erasmus Trustfonds has to be notified otherwise the awarded grant might be withdrawn. The grant is payable when the project is finalized and the Erasmus Trustfonds has received a final report and the approved financial statement of the project.
Subsidy Donations (a subsidy)
- A subsidy is awarded to (co-) fund a specific project which matches the mission of the Erasmus Trustfonds and purpose of the applicant ( a student or an organization). Subsidy is based on specific conditions and the financial statement. Without the Erasmus Trustfonds subsidy, the project might not be able to even start at all.
- The Erasmus Trustfonds gives priority to projects in the Erasmus Initiative Programm (please check with your faculty dean).
- A subsidy is a financial ( sometimes a kick off) injection for new projects for which other kind of funding is not yet available within your organisation, the EUR or sponsored by other external parties. The Erasmus Trustfonds will aim for the ‘flywheel effect’ and will only subsidy for a couple of years to the project or a concept when agreed on.
- A subsidy is always conditional for example if the awarded project is cancelled the subsidy will not be paid to the awarded applicant. When you have changed the project itself the Erasmus Trustfonds has to be notified ASAP otherwise the awarded subsidy might be withdrawn. The subsidy is payable when the project is started and the Erasmus Trustfonds has to receive a report and the approved financial statement of the project or an interim progress report when the Erasmus Trustfonds subsidies a project for a new period, are parties involved has agreed on.
For any further information regarding scholarships availability please visit www.eur.nl as the Erasmus Trustfonds is not active in any award processing related to scholarships which are available.
Payment basic guidelines:
- All conditions of the awarded grant need to be accepetd by the applicant.
- The (partial) payment will be either before the project starts or when the project is finalized.
- Payments only will be made to EUR bank accounts and otherwise for individual grants to Dutch bankaccounts.
- Erasmus Trustfonds requires a budget check and approval either from your faculty controller or from an independent financial audit.
- A claim on a grant can be made when an awarded project will start. For a conference visit for example we require a copie of the transport ticket.
- For the accepted awarded grants, the Erasmus Trustfonds requires acknowledgement of the foundation in any publication / presentation which result from the project supported with the awarded grant.
- the Erasmus Trustfonds will use application data related to the applicant and the project for learn, earn, return matters, for Erasmus Trustfonds publicity and the annual report of the foundation. As well note our disclaimer.
Other payment conditions might be applicable to your awarded and accepted grant, the above is not limited.