How to apply?
The Erasmus Trustfonds grants support to different types of projects: research visits, conference participation, collective study tours, research projects and other activities. For each type of project a different form must be used. Do the Quickscan to see whether your project qualifies and which type of application form you should use. Send your application before the deadline of your type of application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note we have different application forms, corresponding to the different types of projects we support. Application guidelines may vary across application types and might be subject to change.
- Carefully read the application form and make sure you meet the requirements for the specific type of application you want to submit;
- Fill out the form and gather the necessary documents, as indicated on the form;
- Grant applications must be written in Dutch or English;
- Send your application together with all necessary documents, before the deadline, to email@example.com.
Always use the original Erasmus Trustfonds application form. Do not copy or change the format as this will harm the admission procedures and / or our staff will not be able to process the application at all and the application will not be taken in consideration.
Please avoid the use of technical abbreviations and jargon, unless adequately explained.
The Decision Procedure
Applications are carefully processed and all personal and research information provided will be handled confidentially.
During the decision procedure, applications are assessed based on the formal eligibility criteria (e.g. does the applicant meet the requirements and is the application complete) and based on substantive assessment criteria, in line with the aims of the Erasmus Trustfonds and the Named Funds under the supervision of the Erasmus Trustfonds. The assessment criteria, amongst others, take into account:
- To what extent the application contributes to the core aims of the Erasmus Trustfonds and/or the Named Funds;
- The expected quality of the output of the proposed activities;
- The expected impact of the output of the proposed activities;
- To what extent the application involves EUR, its students and employees, e.g. how many EUR students are expected to participate and whether the activities take place at an EUR location;
- The quality of the application;
- Whether the activities can proceed without the support of the Erasmus Trustfonds.
Grants are awarded based on priority of the application and available budget.
Applications under €10.000,- are assessed by the Erasmus Trustfonds staff and approved by the Erasmus Trustfonds board. We aim to do so within six weeks. However, in exceptional cases, it might take longer before a decision is made.
Applications of €10.000,- and more are decided upon by the Erasmus Trustfonds board and/or a disbursement committee. In case an application exceeds €50.000,-, the disbursement committee might consult independent experts for a peer-review. Based on the outcome of the peer-reviews, the disbursement committee advises the board. The decision procedure for these applications typically takes three months.
During the decision procedure, the Erasmus Trustfonds staff might contact you for further information.
After a decision has been made
A notification of the decision will be sent to the applicant by e-mail. You will receive a reference number for any communication about your application. In all further correspondence, please mention the assigned reference number.
If support is granted, the grant letter states the amount granted and the requirements/conditions under which the grant is made. We might, for example, require a report of the activities. Additional requirements can apply. Together with the grant letter, a so called ‘payment request form’ is sent, in which we ask you to accept the grant and the applicable conditions and to provide us with a bank account number to which we can transfer the funds.
The transfer of the funds can only proceed after the requirements are met, as stipulated in the grant letter and after we receive the payment request form, with, amongst others, the following information:
- a Dutch bank account number is provided, to which the Erasmus Trustfonds can transfer the funds. Preferably, this is an EUR bank account;
- a payment reference, e.g. WBS-number or cost center of your department.
For further information on the Erasmus Trustfonds grant programmes, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or +31 (0)10 411 05 96.